Microlino insists “It’s not a !” but it is good enough for what most people do most of the time. With two seats, a curb weight of 1,000 lbs, a range of 60-75 miles and topping out at 62 mph, the Microlino can be recharged at any conventional power outlet in just four hours.  Inside, the smart phone is the main device through which one can control navigation, charge status and music. With the selling price is between $9,500 and $13,500 this is not a car… it is something else.

There is no need for 300 hp for daily shopping. The average covered distance is less than 20 miles per day and the average speed in urban stop-go traffic is well below 30 mph, the Microlino is designed for use on 95% of average trips, unlike conventional cars whose design only considers the remaining 5%.

The first working prototype was built between August 2015 and January 2016 with more than 500 pre-orders within a week. In total, over 1,600 pre-orders have been recorded since February 2016.

Production of the first 500 vehicles will begin in early 2018. This will initially concentrate on the European market with limited US and North America locations